“There are three responses to a piece of design– yes, no, and WOW! Wow is the one to aim for.” — Milton Glaser
There is no doubt that today’s internet era and the popularity of smartphones has certainly made bring forth the trend of applications. Every business that has online existence is investing in applications to strengthen customer engagement. However, you will agree that several factors decide whether the application will be a success in the market. One of the factors that demand proper attention is the design of the app. You need to be meticulous with the design part, only then you can expect to win over your potential buyer.
Not every business understands how their application can attract the relevant customer and how it can unlock a door to new opportunities for more business and that’s where professionals come in. People who know how to design and develop applications that sustain in the cut-throat market competition and come out as an efficient business asset.
If we were to refer to some of the recent data then almost 53 percent of users uninstalled an application for its substandard user experience. About 83 percent of application users believe that it is the seamless experience of the app that keeps them hooked to it. Poor and slow performance of an app has made 90 and 86 percent of users uninstall the application respectively. So, let’s get deeper into the concept of user experience and what are the major mistakes that you might be committing when developing one for your business.
For Custom Application Development Services you need expert solution provider, just like Midas. Give us a call today!
1. Poor Architecture & Logic: You cannot expect to get the right result without proper planning. The right strategy leads to a fruitful solution. Before starting your application you need to lay down the groundwork to ensure your users don’t have to go through the excruciating task of navigating through a complex application which is anything but comfortable when it comes to using it. The key to having the perfect mobile application is to have a great architecture along with properly arranged and organized elements.
2. Do You Need That Login Page? Keeping the login page for your website/application is an option. You can completely refrain from keeping it on your application if it is not serving the purpose. The sure login page will make it easier to keep and maintain the account details of your visitors but it can also aggravate the irritation of user who is unable to skip the too many details which are mandatory on the login page. As per the survey, 15.6 percent of users found the mandatory registration page unnecessary or bothersome and that led to uninstalling of the application altogether.
3. Uncertainty and Obscurity in App Won’t Go With Onboarding Process: when trying to convince your first-time user/prospective buyer about your services, your aim is to educate/enlighten them about your business and simplicity of application will pave the way for it. However, having a complex application will complicate the process and will delay the onboarding. How you represent your application will decide whether the user wants to continue and one good way to go is keeping overview brief yet enticing & interesting.
4. Inessential Feature Stuffing: you know what is off-putting your first-time user? It is the overstuffing of your application which is impeding your success rate with your prospective buyers and users. A lot of features will create confusion rather than generating traffic for the website.
One way to tackle this dilemma is take your time and find out what are the top problems that you want your apps to address. Once you have completed your step one, you can move on to features and integrate the ones that will cater to the needed service.
5. Complicated and Arduous Interface: cardinal rule here would be to keep your design as simple as possible. User doesn’t have the time and energy to discern a complicated application which has functions which are not easy to understand. To reduce the chances of a user abandoning the application, focus on designing the application interactive as well as easy to understand (for instance you can use icons that are easy to understand the functioning of the app).
6. Lack of Research on Buyers’ Persona: your business is to address the needs and requirements of your customers and one way to fulfill that is through research to ascertain what your customer really wants from you. A proper understanding of your buyer will help you design an application that relates to the end-user and thus fills the gap between the business and the potential buyer.
7. Incoherent and Orderless Arrangement of App Elements: it is essential to maintain visual hierarchy and often novice designers forget to follow this key concept. Maintaining the hierarchy of your app elements will make it easier for the user to understand which elements need attention and how to navigate from one part of the app to others without getting confused.
8. Neglecting Users’ or Buyers’ Feedback: collecting user/customer feedback is important and can be used to build an application that serves a larger demographic and boosts the business. Get the user feedback to find the pitfalls in your application design and how it can be improved. The only way to serve your customer right is by listening to them and how they review or react to the services that you are offering them.
The best way to build your robust and user-friendly application with successful UX is to do the quality research of the market and your customers and get a qualified and professional app development team that can cater to the requirements. Midas has served the industry for almost two decades now and we know how crucial it is to stay relevant to the market and customer if you don’t want to risk getting unnoticed by the customer.
Find out how you can build the right application for your business with the best available resources that we have and all you have to do is give us a quick call or leave a message on our social media profile. Stay tuned to our blog section for the latest technical information. Contact Us today for further inquiries on custom application development services.